Curriculum Coordinator - Motor, Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
(Full-time, Permanent, All Year Around)
The College is seeking a Curriculum Coordinator to support the efficient management of a thriving and growing Motor Vehicle department. The role will support the Head of Department by taking responsibility for the leadership and coordination of Apprenticeships, Commercial Training or Level 2 provision, the outstanding work of our departmental learning support assistants and first-line management and mentoring of new teaching staff. The post will also Course Lead a subject area and have a proportional teaching commitment. We welcome applications from experienced Industry professionals looking to move to the education sector. This role is eligible for Financial Support for Initial Teacher Education.
This role is pivotal to our continued success and the perfect candidate will be one who:
● Is passionate about the automotive industry, and wants to share this interest with young people;
● leads by example, through outstanding practice and professionalism;
● cares about students, their learning, and their futures;
● is driven to make a difference, to overcome barriers, to be relentless in enabling all students to make exceptional progress;
● is committed to their own personal development and to collaborative, resourceful and consultative working;
● can demonstrate a proven ability to drive and inspire diverse groups of young people and teachers to achieve their full potential.
We welcome applications from exceptional, qualified teachers and leaders who can evidence their experience of delivering innovation and aspiration and who can make an integral contribution to BCA.
BCA is a popular and expanding FE college with a strong land-based heritage. We have an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every student is important. If you have excellent organisational skills, can prioritise your workload and are an active listener who encourages development and champions achievement, you’ll thrive in this learner-focused role.
To apply for this exciting role, please read the attached job description and complete the application form which can be downloaded from FE jobs or found under ‘How to Apply’ on the ‘Work For Us’ page of our website. Completed applications forms can be uploaded directly by selecting ‘Apply Now’ or emailed to the HR Department. For any queries, please contact the HR team who will be happy to help you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 28th November 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Reasons to join us
● A wide range of learning & career opportunities
● Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
● Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
● Free onsite parking
● Various health & wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College Gym)
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.