As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Recruiting for a Lead HRSS Payroll Specialist who will be responsible for providing consistent and timely guidance to a team of Payroll and Sr Payroll specialists to ensure the timely and accurate processing of payroll for entities within Open Text including country specific payrolls. This includes using expanded experiences of OpenText’s payroll and HCM platforms to perform the monitoring of team activity related to payroll inputs, reconciling payroll output reports, reconcile benefit invoices vs payroll output, accrual balance analysis & updates etc. Act as a delegate of the Geo Payroll manager when called upon for either day-to-day operations or special projects.
• Supporting a team of payroll professionals, provide expertise and guidance seeking to develop and maintain a consistent and controlled approach to payroll processing and reporting.
• The Geo Payroll Manager will rely on this position to handle day to day processing guidance as well as delegating special projects (e.g., pension, reporting, audit tasks)
• Process start to end UK payroll and maintain operational responsibilities as well utilizing a broader range of experiences and expertise across other EMEA payrolls.
• Seek to establish consistency in the team’s processes
• Establish and maintain a broad network of key stakeholders in seeking to build consensus with issues and process improvements
• Provide support in regional and global payroll project as required. Provide support with implementation of new legislative changes, updating and streamlining processes and procedure on all EMEA payrolls as required.
Required Skills and Experience
• Able to make informed decisions related to complex issues across a broad range of countries and needs limited assistance/guidance team leads/managers as needed
• Works under the guidance of a Manager / Senior Manager with clearly defined goals and roles.
• Able to highlight, escalate and recommend corrective action for risks and issues on a timely basis by seeking guidance on a timely manner
• Assist the Sr Manager in the development of team and department goals, resource allocation etc
• Assigned more complex countries that may have tax, pension related plans
• Act in a lead capacity for handling both internal/external audits
• Expanded language skills may add another layer of customer service in being able to communicate with legal authorities, vendors, audits located in the countries they service.
• Able to recognize patterns, problems, and opportunities for improvement across a range of countries and uses professional and technical expertise to present/suggest solutions to a team
• Provides functional guidance to others on complex problems
• Issues would be addressed and solved by utilizing past experiences, the use of networking and communication with key stakeholders.
• Ability to work / lead teams that would address complex issues involving other functions.
• Be able to communicate directly to vendors / auditors and other key stakeholders with a broad range of language skills
• No direct reporting lines but has the responsibility to lead, influence team members
• Acts in accordance with Management direction with clear role objectives
• Has both the technical and soft skills to manage and direct a team
• Acting as a mentor to team members
• Acts as point of escalation for team members and communicates regularly to management as an extension of the Manager.
• Takes a leadership role in internal/external audit tasks as directed by the Sr Manager, Payroll
• Minimum of 8 years direct payroll experience in Payroll.
• Strong knowledge of global /country specific payroll tax processes and requirements
• Degree /College diploma or equivalent experience required
• Experience in the following software packages: Outsourced payroll packages (ADP GlobalView, Streamline, Celergo etc.) SAP SuccessFactors HCM, Microsoft Office, Finance General Ledger Systems
• Multiple language skill sets preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
Our growing team is mapping the future of Information Management, and we continue to make new discoveries that expand its boundaries. Join us and be part of a winning team, where the opportunities for your career are limitless.
From its innovative start as a research project by University of Waterloo professors in 1991, OpenText has grown into a global company with offices in more than 35 countries. Our high- performance culture has forged our growth and is an excellent fit for people looking to push themselves to learn and do more.
It’s our time to lead, and as part of our team, it will be your time too. Our continued growth will provide you the opportunity to explore, learn and chart an exciting career path while enjoying a good work-life balance.
If you thrive in a dynamic work environment, there is always a new horizon to explore. We are proud to offer excellent benefits, challenging work and competitive financial rewards.
Our employee programs prioritize employees’ well-being and that of their families. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, education assistance, a wellness/fitness reimbursement and time off to volunteer.
With offices around the world and flexible work arrangements, OpenText strives to make sure all our employees feel connected. Teamwork extends to our social lives too from local social events to company-wide activities, we want our employees to take time to relax and have fun.
Corporate Citizenship is more than a program for us, it is engrained in our purpose, impact, and approach to doing business. Through numerous volunteer initiatives, we support education and innovation for global change.